BEACHLER ROAD JULY 17TH – JULY 20TH
We have received notification that there is a rail issue at the crossing at Beachler Road that will need to be fixed ASAP by CSX.
Here is information we have been given:
- There is a rail issue at the Beachler Road crossing.
- All trains on the CSX track will be running very slowly until this problem can be fixed. Apparently the rail issue is creating a situation that requires the trains to go below the normal track speed limit.
- CSX is sending a repair crew to close and fix the rail problem and will also perform the planned crossing upgrades to Beachler at the same time.
- Beachler Road will be the only crossing closed in Carlisle for this repair. Originally, the plan was to close both Beachler and Martz-Paulin crossing at the same time. Because of this emergency repair, they will only repair Beachler at this time and will return at a later date to close and repair Martz-Paulin.
- Closure scheduled for Tuesday, July 17th through Friday, July 20th. (Note: Friday is a worst case scenario per CSX. They believe that they will be able to re-open sooner - weather depending.)
- Closure “heads-up” signs are supposed to be out sometime before the Tuesday closure.
- Company is supposed to also set-up detour signs.
The regular repair crew is currently in Miamisburg and is working their way down the line. We have not heard any confirmation of estimated dates of the closures for any other Carlisle crossings – but believe it should happen within the next 2 weeks. We also don’t know if this emergency closure of Beachler will change CSX’s original closure schedule for Union/Fairview and Martz-Paulin.
Reminder….CSX trains will be running slow until repairs begin on Tuesday, July 17th.