Carlisle Cable Channel - Terms & Conditions
- The Carlisle Cable Channel will follow content exceptions consistent with FCC regulations and adhere to all franchise agreements entered between the Municipality of Carlisle and Spectrum Cable, Inc.
- The Carlisle Cable Channel is not to be used to advertise, promote or solicit the sale of products or services including advertising for or endorsement of candidates for public office. Intentionally showing business or product names, logos, and their symbols specifically for advertising or promotion is prohibited.
- Obscenity or profanity is not permitted. Programs containing suggestive or explicit sexual interaction and content will not be permitted. The channel manager or other designated person controlling channel playback devices may also restrict program content which she/he deems inappropriate, excessive, or compromises the standards of decency within the community.
- The Carlisle Cable Channel will not be used to slander or libel any group or individual.
- The Carlisle Cable Channel will not be used to promote games of chance for money or prizes. Lottery information and advertisements of lotteries or raffles are also prohibited.
- While ‘broadcast standards’ will not be used in consideration of media used for cablecast, some technical criteria will be applied. The video / audio signal must be able to ‘stand up’ without disintegration or distortion during playback. The channel manager reserves the right to determine the quality of all media submitted for consideration of playback over the Cable Channel.
- The above notwithstanding, the Carlisle Cable Channel will not alter, edit or in any way change the content of the material shown without the expressed written consent of the owner.
- Individuals or parties submitting media for playback are responsible for securing all clearances from the owners of any copyrighted materials, including music, photographs, videotape, etc. Any program or message deemed inappropriate by the channel manager, as originally submitted may be further reviewed by a committee consisting of the Mayor of the Village of Carlisle, Carlisle Village Manager and the president of the Carlisle Board of Education. This body will review and vote on acceptance or rejection of the material(s) being considered for display on the Cable Channel.